District Mini Bus
The District minibus is available for hire by members of the Scout and Guide Movements.
The minibus is a Long wheel base , diesel, Ford Transit , 17 seater (including driver) with a tow bar and a half length roofrack.
Current Rates (as of 18th February 2015)
|Period||In District||Out of District|
|Evening||£5 per hour (max three hours)||£5 per hour (max three hours)|
|Leader minibus assessment||free (including fuel)||check on booking assessment|
All charges exclude cost of fuel
Conditions of Use
(Updated July 2014)
- All District drivers to be over 23 years of age, out of District to be over 25 years of age.
- All drivers to have a clean licence
- There must be a period of 2 years since passing test
- Drivers must have passed a County Assessment test
- The mini bus is only to be used for Scout/Guide activities and only driven by named person(s) on form
- Please note that if a trailer is used the contents are not insured
- The cost of any emergency repairs necessary during use, must be authorised by the District Minibus Administrator prior to the work being undertaken. You will be reimbursed by the District upon production of a receipted invoice.
- The minibus is not to be used for any purpose other than the transportation of people. The insurance does not cover carriage of goods
- Travel over/in rough terrain, river beds, etc. is strictly prohibited. The only exception to this rule will be access to recognised camp sites.
- The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of diesel and it is required that it is returned with the same
- The vehicle will be kept clean and tidy inside and out at all times
- The insurance policy has a £150 excess and this will be passed on to the user in the event of an accident claim
- A £50.00 deposit (cheque only, made payable to Letchworth and Baldock District Scout Council),must be handed to the Minibus Administrator on collection of the vehicle. This will be held until the Hirer and the Minibus Administrator check and agree the condition of the vehicle to be satisfactory on return from hire.
Failure to comply with any of the above could result in user bearing all costs of any claims made
For more information or to make a booking contact firstname.lastname@example.org